Need Tobacco License but don’t know how to go about it? Here you will find complete and updated information on Tobacco License Registration in India.
What is Tobacco License?
The Tobacco Board, under the ministry of commerce and industry has decided to implement a country-wide portal to ease and facilitate procedures for traders associated with the Board.
Who all need the Tobacco License?
- Exporters of Tobacco Products
- Exporters of Tobacco
- Dealers in Tobacco
- Processors of Virginia Tobacco
- Manufacturers Virginia Tobacco
- Packers of Tobacco
- Commercial Grade of Virginia Tobacco
How to get Tobacco and tobacco products registration for export and RCMC Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate from Tobacco Board?
There are two types of registration for EXPORT of TOBACCO Which are mentioned below After registration is done its mandatory to register for RCMC Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate for exports
1 Exporter of Tobacco Products (for example Tobacco Essence and extracts , Cigarettes etc)
2 Exporter of Tobacco (Un manufactured Tobacco)
Exporter of Tobacco Products
Fresh Applications for year 2023 from 04-10-2023 to 01-11-2023 and applications fee will be – Rs. 1,000/-
Renewal Applications for year 2023 from 04-10-2023 to 30-11-2023 and applications Fee will – Rs. 1,000/-
- For Fresh Applications received from 02.11.2023 to 31.12.2023 & for Renewal Applications received from 01.12.2023 to 31.12.2023– Rs.5,000/-
- For fresh and Renewal applications received On or after 01.01.2024 – Rs.10,000/-
Exporter of Tobacco (Un-Manufactured Tobacco)
Applications received within stipulated time
- If the average annual value of the export of Unmanufactured Tobacco during the preceding three financial years exceeds Rs.50 Lakhs – Rs.6,000/-
- Export turnover above Rs.10 Lakhs and up to Rs.50 Lakhs – Rs.4,000/-
- Export turnover up to Rs.10 Lakhs – Rs.1,000/-
- For Fresh Applications received from 02.11.2023 to 31.12.2023 & for Renewal Applications received from 01.12.2023 to 31.12.2023 – Rs.5,000/-
- For Fresh and Renewal applications received On or after 01.01.2024 – Rs.10,000/-
The applicants should submit documents as mentioned below along with submission of application and payment of requisite fees.
- Latest Bank Certificate against current account of the applicants’ banker in the prescribed proforma
- Declaration on company letter head in prescribed proforma
- Letter of Undertaking on Company letter head in the prescribed proforma
- Copy of Partnership Deed/Memorandum of Articles of Association along with full addresses of partners/directors, If the firm is Partnership/Private Ltd / Public Ltd.
- Copy of GST certificate.
- Copy of PAN Card
- Copy of Importer Exporter Code (IEC) certificate.
- The applicants seeking registration/renewal of registration as Exporter of Tobacco(for Un Manufactured Tobacco ) should furnish the particulars of godowns / warehouses / handling points (including branches) at the relevant column of the application in the following manner: Location – address in full with Phone No.,Space of each godown in square feet. Whether own or lease In case of lease, full address of the owner along with a self attested copy of lease agreement on Rs.100/- non-judicial stamp paper should be submitted.
Registration-cum-Membership-Certificate (RCMC) Registration
After getting the registration for Exporter of Unmanufactured Tobacco & Exporter of Tobacco Product from Tobacco Board then you can apply for Registration-cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC ) which is obtained from DGFT department for doing exports of tobacco and tobacco products outside India.
Once registration is granted both categories of Exporters i.e. Exporter of Unmanufactured Tobacco & Exporter of Tobacco Products can apply for RCMC to the board. Exporter can login using the Login ID and password sent to them and click on “Registered” under the particular category of Exporter and navigate
Registration is granted as Merchant Exporter or Manufacturer Exporter. In case the exporter desires to get registration as Manufacturer Exporter, he shall furnish evidence of manufacturing activity owned by their firm (for example License issued by Industries Department/IDR Act, 1951)) or MSME registration along with application.
Registration is granted for a period of 5 years, which is valid from 1st April of the licensing year in which license was issued.
In case of change in ownership, constitution, name or address of an exporter, it shall be obligatory on the part of RCMC holder to intimate such change to the Registering Authority within a period of one month from the date of such change.
REGISTRATION FEE PAYABLE BY VARIOUS CATEGORIES OF TOBACCO TRADERS
Documents required for Tobacco License Registration
- Bank Certificate
- Letter of Undertaking
- Copy of Partnership Deed/Memorandum of Articles of Associations also with complete address of partners/directors if firm is Partnership /Private Limited /Public Limited
- Copy of PAN Card
- Udhyami Registration (MSME)
- License under Factory Act 1948 or Registration under Shop and establishment act
- Copy of Central Excise registration Certificate for manufacture of Exciseable goods
- Copy of Latest Municipal/Corporation tax paid receipt pertaining to Factory or unit premises
- Copy of GST Certificate.
- Copy of permission letter issued by RBI/Concerned Authorities of Govt. of India (Incase of MNC or Foreign Majority companies.
How to get a Tobacco Export License?
The Tobacco Export License application is an extensive process subject to strict adherence to complete and accurate paperwork and procedure. An error in paperwork is likely to delay the process by several weeks or even months leading to loss of time and money.
Hiring an experienced Tobacco Export License consultant can help you save time and efforts and get a Tobacco Export License without a hassle in stipulated time period. If you have a query regarding the Tobacco Export License Registration, then do get in touch with us. We will be glad to assist you.
We offer end to end Tobacco Export License Consultancy across India in all states. In North India we offer services in Delhi &NCR, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Agra, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Jammu, Allahabad, Patna, Lucknow, Dehradun. In Central India we offer services in Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Surat, Nagpur, Nashik, Indore, Kolkota, Aurangabad, Vadodara, Kota, Alwar, Ajmer, Bikaner. In South we offer services in Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kochi, Madurai, Coimbatore, Bhaubaneshwar, Puducherry, Mysuru, Vishakhapatnam, Mangalore, Thiruchirapalli, Vijaywada, Warangal, Salem, Thrissur, Hubli, Belgaum, Vellore, Secunderabad, Rajahmundry, Tirunelveli. In North East India we offer services in Guwahati, Shillong, Imphal, Gangtok, Agartala, Kohima, Aizawl, Dibrugarh, Silchar and Tezpur.
If you have questions regarding Tobacco Export License Registration and need expert guidance, then give us a call: 8178861057, 9910260004